Friday, May 20, 2011

RWS in Malta

 I recently (last week) went to Malta with 6 other members of the RWS (Royal Watercolour Society) with a view to creating some work, which will be exhibited next year in England and Malta (Valetta). It was an extremely fruitful trip and I came away with a sketchbook full of ideas and many photographs. I thought it would be good to show some of the sketchbook here together, rather than in dribs and drabs on FB. Myself (Angus McEwan), President David Paskett, Jenny Wheatley, Michael Chaplin, George Devlin, Richard Bawden and Dennis Roxby Bott set about making sense of our surroundings. I was impressed by the variety of work, professionalism and general enthusiasm everyone displayed. It was a real pleasure to be involved with this small select group and I look forward to seeing the results next year. As you may notice this work is a lot looser for me due to the heat and time constraints, but this is a stepping stone to further work.












1 comment:

pat said...

very interesting work! Hope to see your show next year. Good luck!!